- July 7 – 8
- Wolfville area
- Overnight accommodations at Smiley’s Provincial Park
- 10 seats
- We’ll tour a local endangered Atlantic salmon hatchery (Coldbrook Biodiversity Facility) and help take length and weight measurements of salmon and look at developing salmon
- We’ll dissect squid and learn about cephalopod anatomy and the nervous system
- We’ll assist local female Biologists with their conservation research fishing for and tagging skates
- We’ll do a water chemistry activity, learning about ocean acidification and carbon budgets
- We’ll learn how to set up tents and camp
- We’ll hike and swim at Smiley’s Provincial Park
- We’ll learn about careers in marine biology and get to work alongside diverse women in science
Who Can Apply
Girls and gender minorities aged 9 – 12 who reside in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
How To Apply
Participants must be nominated by an adult that knows them well (parents included) by April 15th.
This is a new program, so we don’t have photos to show you! But rest assured that we’re going to have a fantastic time learning all about what it’s like to be a marine biologist.