Our in-person programs are currently offered every July and August in 4 communities across Nova Scotia: the Annapolis Valley, Lunenburg, Halifax, and Bon Portage Island. Read below for more information!
All programs are:
- Based in Nova Scotia
- Nomination-based, participants must be nominated by an adult who knows them well
- Taught exclusively by women in science with advanced degrees
- Open to girls+ who reside in Nova Scotia AND who also meet our nomination criteria
- Welcoming, inclusive environments
- Primarily outdoors
- Designed for all skill levels – no prior knowledge required!
All programs feature:
- Hands-on learning in a fun & casual environment
- Mentorship from women in STEM
- Exciting and memorable activities that inspire love for STEM & nature
- At least 1 citizen science activity where we’ll collect real biological data that scientists will use
- At least 1 environmental education activity
- At least 1 coding activity
- Learning about careers in the program’s field
Summer 2021 Nominations OPEN!
This summer, we’re offering 8 pay-what-you-can programs for girls+ who live in Nova Scotia. Participants from New Brunswick and PEI are encouraged to apply to be placed on our waitlist, should we be able to welcome out-of-province girls+ this year. While we hope to offer these programs in-person, we’ve developed adaptable programs that can be shifted to hybrid (online + in-person component) and fully online formats if necessary due to Covid-19 regulations.
Know someone who you think would love to attend one of our programs and fits our nomination criteria? Complete the nomination form! Nominations are due on Tuesday, June 8th, and all participants will be notified of our selection on Wednesday, June 16th.