We’re looking for a creative and adventurous female photographer 📸 to assist us in documenting one (or both) of our 2 summer programs ☀️ in Nova Scotia this July.
This is a volunteer position with the Terranaut Club, so while we cannot compensate you for your work, meals 🍔 will be provided, adventure 👣 is guaranteed, and credit will (of course) be given to you for your work. You need only be available for one of the following programs:
- Junior Marine Biologist (JMB) 🦀🐠🦈🦑🐋 program in Windsor and Bramber in the Annapolis Valley on July 17th and 18th, with 1.5 days of activities, including camping overnight
- Junior Wildlife Conservation (JWC) 🦋🐥🦑🌱🐋 program on Bon Portage Island (off of Barrington) on July 20th – 23rd, with 4 days of activities, and 3 overnight stays in cabins on the Island
What we’re looking for in our intern:
- Currently living in Nova Scotia
- At least 18 years of age
- Enjoys and is proficient in photography – you don’t have to be a professional!
- Experience with videography 📹 also an asset
- Can provide us with high-quality photos and videos within 1 week of the program ending
- Works well with kids and outside 🌲 – can’t be afraid to get messy or work near/with animals!
- Have your own DSLR or equivalent camera to use (we have a GoPro for your use)
- Can provide a clear criminal record check from within the past year
- Works well in a team, comfortable both taking direction and leading yourself
Please send us a sample of your work, up to 3 photographs and a sample of video if you have it. This can be either a link to publicly accessible work, a link to a Dropbox/Google drive folder, or you can include the media in your application e-mail to us, but no files too huge, please!
Fill out the following application form and submit it to email@example.com by July 4th with the subject VOLUNTEER MEDIA INTERN APPLICATION. We’ll get back to you by July 6th. Thank you for your interest!