🐋 MARINE MAMMALS ⛴
- August 15-17
- 3 days, camping overnight
- 12 seats
- Drop-off/pick-up times and locations to be determined
- No prior knowledge needed
- Taking a day trip to Brier Island, we’ll go on a whale watching and seabird expedition and explore the shores of the Island
- Learning about marine mammals and vocalizations from a PhD student from Dalhousie University that studies pilot whales off of Cape Breton
- Learning about whale evolution and analyzing their fascinating anatomy, including their vestigial traits
- … and more! This program is still in development.
This program is open to girls and under-represented genders ages 15-18 who live in the Maritime provinces (NB, NS, PEI). Participants from other areas are welcome to apply for our wait list.
How To Apply
Participants must be nominated by an adult that knows them well, including parents/guardians, by May 10th.
This is a new program, so we don’t have photos to show you! But rest assured that we’re going to have a fantastic time learning all about marine mammals in Digby.