We offer hands-on and immersive experiences in science and nature for middle school and high school aged girls, acting as an antidote to boring, in-class, learn-from-the-textbook STEM. We’re an alternative to traditional science education, and we work with both groups and individuals to develop customized programs. These programs can vary in length from 1 – 5 days, with overnight and day program options, that will provide girls with:
- New and memorable experiences that are opportunities to step outside of their comfort zones 👏🏾
- STEM exploration, but without the homework 🙌🏽
- Environmental education, developing leadership skills and compassion for the Earth that they’ll bring home to share with their own communities ✌🏿
- Female mentorship, from working alongside and learning from actual women in science, in a casual and supportive environment 🤝
There are two ways we develop and run programs:
- We fund our programs primarily from grants, working with our partners (you) well ahead of time to determine what kind of program we want to run, and where we can look for funding. We take care of the grant writing and program planning, you take care of finding the deserving, awesome girls.
- We develop our own program ideas with a specific location and population in mind. Once again, we find the funding and plan the program, and then later we’ll look for either a group, or individual girls. To stay in the loop for ways to sign up for these programs, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Have a group of deserving and awesome girls in mind? Contact us.