🐦 KEJIMKUJIK NATIONAL PARK 🐢
- July 16-18
- 3 days, camping overnight
- Kejimkujik National Park
- 12 seats
- Drop-off/pick-up times and locations to be determined
- No prior knowledge needed
- Taking a day trip to Kejimkujik Seaside Park, we’ll conduct real citizen science surveys of piping plovers (a bird) on the beach alongside Kejimkujik staff and explore the gorgeous beaches and tide pools
- Kayaking and swimming in the Mersey River, we’ll learn about water quality monitoring
- Fishing for chain pickerel in Kejimkujik Lake, we’ll learn about invasive species and complete a guided dissection
- Hiking through the park and using apps to identify plants and fungi
- Stargazing at night in Keji’s Dark Sky Preserve
- Learning about careers in wildlife biology and what it’s like to study wildlife conservation at college and university
- And more!
This program is open to girls and under-represented genders ages 15-18 who live in the Maritime provinces (NB, NS, PEI). Participants from other areas are welcome to apply for our wait list.
How To Apply
Participants must be nominated by an adult that knows them well, including parents/guardians.