🦞 LEVEL I 🌊
- July 5-6
- 2 days, camping overnight
- Winsdor & Smiley’s Provincial Park
- 10 seats
- Drop-off/pick-up times and locations to be determined
- No prior knowledge needed
- Getting hands-on with lobsters, we’ll learn about their anatomy, behaviour, and how they’re managed in the Maritimes provinces
- Coding on computers, we’ll learn how to make graphs using our lobster data
- Assisting local female biologists with their eel conservation field work, we’ll learn about their incredible and mysterious biology
- Taking water samples, we’ll learn about water quality monitoring and look at microorganisms under a microscope
- Swimming and snorkeling at Smiley’s Provincial Park
- Learning about careers in marine biology and what it’s like to study marine biology at college and university
This program is open to girls and under-represented genders aged 9 – 12 who live in the Maritime provinces (NB, NS, PEI). Participants from other areas are welcome to apply for our wait list.
How To Apply
Participants must be nominated by an adult that knows them well, including parents/guardians, by May 1st.