🦇 FUNDY NATIONAL PARK 🐟
- July 22-23
- 2 days, camping overnight
- Fundy National Park
- 12 seats
- Drop-off/pick-up times and locations to be determined
- No prior knowledge needed
- Swimming with salmon in the chilly river water, we’ll take part in Fundy Park’s Endangered salmon monitoring program and learn about what the Park is doing to help conserve this species
- Working with Park staff, we’ll help monitor bats in the evening using a special app that listens for their echolocation
- Nature journalling on a guided/interpreted beach hike
- Learning to camp, we’ll set up our own tents and talk about the important to-do’s of sleeping outside
- Native plant planting and pollinator identification activities in Fundy Park’s established pollinator garden
- Learning about careers in wildlife conservation and what it’s like to study wildlife conservation at college and university
This program is open to girls and under-represented genders ages 9-12 who live in the Maritime provinces (NB, NS, PEI). Participants from other areas are welcome to apply for our wait list.
How To Apply
Participants must be nominated by an adult that knows them well, including parents/guardians, by May 10th.
This is a new program, so we don’t have photos to show you! But rest assured that we’re going to have a fantastic time learning all about wildlife conservation at Fundy National Park.