Our Youth Advisory Council is a leadership and skill development opportunity for returning Terranaut Club participants. Council members will get to work with our Board of Directors and leadership team to assist on real projects, including helping with program development, creating surveys for program feedback, testing out new activities (hello, guinea pigs!), and developing media and promotional materials.
- Ages 12+
- Must be a returning participant (of an in-person or online program)
- Open to Canadian participants only
- Meetings are online
- Short application required (see below!)
Council members can take part in as many projects per year as they’d like, but must participate in at least 1 per year to stay on the council. Each project is expected to take 4.5 – 6 hours, split up into 1.5 hour “council meetings” on weekday evenings or weekends. No prior experience is required, so participants without relevant skills are absolutely welcome to join!
- Creating and distributing a survey to get participant feedback on online summer programs, and analyzing results (starts first week of October)
- Skills we’ll be working on: survey design, writing, data visualization
- Creating highlight clips from our online summer series guest speakers to add to social media (starts in November)
- Skills: video editing, writing, marketing
- Developing a new Junior-level in-person program (starts in December)
- Skills: science education, lesson planning, writing, budgeting
- Testing out new data science and coding activities
- Skills: coding, science education, lesson planning
To apply, have your participant complete and submit the following form. Terranaut Club will get back to you within a few days!